Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ever Have One Of Those Months


With all of the crap that's going on in the world right now, you'd think that there would be so much to bitch and moan about. I've come to the conclusion that I would rather take some time to reflect on everything around me, and simply, take a real good look inside for once.


Lord knows I would love to be able to change everything, and everyone, but that just ain't gonna happen! I've gotten to a point in my life where the simple things are rapidly becoming the most important things in my life. You know, home, relationships, friends, life, love etc.


I have been so angry, and so negative for so long, that I have almost forgotten what its like to be at peace with myself. Does that make any sense at all? I'm not quite there yet, but it is really a good feeling to be able to finally let go of some serious baggage I have been carrying around for way too long.


Its high time I do some positive things! Not only for myself, but for the people around me that really matter.


I think I have finally figured it out.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

I know how you feel. For me, the crap that is going on with our gov't has gotten to be too much. I almost don't want to hear it anymore.

I'm trying to do the same thing, WF. I'm concentrating on what's most important - family, relationships, friends, and myself.

It's wonderful that you have figured this out.

Snave said...

SOunds good, WF! I have been doing some of that lately too.

Being away for the weekend at a place where there was no TV (and therefore not watching any news) was good for my state of mind, and I still haven't watched any news to speak of this week, and it's Tuesday already. Sometimes it is a matter of needing to take time off, clean out cobwebs, and remember what is important to us personally. While I think it is important to re-evaluate, I tend not to do it constantly because I think it would stress me out and drive me crazy. I view it more like taking the car into the shop for a tune-up every so often. Sometimes you have to remember to do it, because you can get so tied up with other things that you'll forget! But it's great to make time for some reflection every now and then.

Glad you're feeling better about life in general!

1138 said...

Ditto very much like my Overload post on Liberty Lost yesterday.

LET'S TALK said...

I am in that same mood Wreckoning Force. I've got to get away and just forget about what is going on in this world and take it easy.